Zingtree is able to send and receive data from other applications using the Zingtree Webhook app. You can send data to a URL, and receive JSON formatted data back as Zingtree variables.
Here's an overview of the process:
1. Add a webhook to your organization's apps.
- Go to Account, My Apps, and click the Webhook app.
- Enter the URL where you will be sending and receiving data.
- The URL can contain Zingtree data entry variables, like #name#, #email# etc.
- If you want Zingtree to receive data, the URL must return data in a JSON format.
2. Include a call to the webhook in a node. When the node is visited, the call is executed.
- Go to Overview, and click Edit for the Node you want to make the call.
- Click the Apps/Webhooks tab.
- Click Add App/Webhook.
- Under Call App or Webhook, pick the Webhook app you installed previously.
- You can include an optional Message, which gets sent to the URL as a variable in a JSON data block.
- Demo tree from the Gallery.
- Sample webhook URL which returns JSON data as a city and state given a USA Zip code.
- PHP source code for the above Webhook URL.
- Article detailing the process.